Just like Grandma made!
These traditional Polish cookies can be made with different flavors of jam.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- Beat butter and cream cheese in mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add flour gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut into 2-inch circles. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon jam into center of each circle. Fold opposite edges together, slightly overlapping edges.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Parchment paper can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.